Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My other swatch books

Today I am going to show you other swatch books (added to my prismacolor pencils one) that I made to make my crafting easier and faster. 

I made several for different purposes. I made some with my embossing folders, for my pigment and dye inks and my distress inks, and my punches. It seems that I have a lot of supplies (which is true) but I could certainly have more. 

First my little swatch books. They are made of 2.5x2.5 inch white cardstock. I punched a hole and got all the pages together with a piece of ribbon. It does the trick and I don't have the hooks so...easy.




Those three are for my punch inventory, my pigment and dye inks and my smallest cuttlebug folders.


I don't have too many punches and I only featured the smallest ones. I have a big  circular 2 3/4 inch, and I already know that so I didn't really need to put a bigger page only for it. 

Having this inventory is great when you are trying to find the right punch for your sentiment or your stamped image. I should probably have used a different color for the cardstock, but I was using some scraps I had around.





Then I made my swatch book for my pigment and dye inks. I have the name of the ink in the back part of the cardstock. I don't have too many inks and most of them are almost dry. I should buy new ones or refills, but at the moment I can still work with them. 

I colored the upper part of the cardstock with the ink and then I stamped a Thank you sentiment to see the effect in the stamped image. I love that stamp and it was in the $1 bin in Target. 



The swatch book for my small cuttlebug folders is the one I like the most. I hardly ever use this folders and they are super cute. I don't use them, mostly, because I always forget that I have them! I am sure that I will be using them a lot more now that I have this swatch. 

Some of them have sentiments and they can be place in lots of different themes cards.







The last mini swatch book is for my distress inks. I can hardly call it swatch because I only have 7 different distress inks, but little by little I will adding more. Besides, my local store is quite insufficient in scrapbooking supplies and they don't have more colors to choose from. 








Last, but not less important, I made two different swatch books for my bigger embossing folders. I made them in different colored cardstock so I can know what kind are they. And I mean kind and not brand. 





The ones in the brown cardstock are made from my Sizzix and Cuttlebug embossing folders. So  many of them, so many designs, so many possibilities! I didn't know I have so many of them until I had the swatch made.









But the ones I use the most are the fiskars textured plates. I use them all the time. I love the dots, lace, stars... I made the swatch book in ivory cardstock, and it is storage with my brown swatch book. Since the fiskars textured plates are the ones I use the most, I don't really need the swatch book but it is still good to have.














2 comments:

  1. I loved the idea of having a swatch booklet for the punches. I have mine glued to a page in a binder but your idea seems to work much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your idea is good too. The good thing about having the punches in a booklet is that you can match the punch with your stamps easily.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...