Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bee card

Today I am going to share a card I made last weekend. It is very simple but maybe that is why I like it the most. 

The card is 4.25 x 5.5 inches in white cardstock. On top of it I added a panel of white cardstock (4 x 5.25 inches) with the border draw by hand in black sharpie. The sentiment is printed in black ink and the bee was printed, colored, cut and added to the card in a dimensional foam sticker.






The bee is my own image. I draw the bee digitally and I will be available in the future in cards, CD sleeves, etc. I am still working in more designs and possibilities for my digital stamps, but they will be available in one form or another one I open my shop.


These are the colors I used to color the bee:

Head and body: PC916, PC1034, PC918, PC935.

Wings: PC904, PC1029.





I will post a tutorial of how the bee is colored. It is simple and it is only to show how I use turpenoid to blend the colors. For some reason, I can't find gamsol in my local stores and I found out that turpenoid and even baby oil works. I have been using baby oil for a long time, and it really works fine, but turpenoid works better. I guess that gamsol can work even better but I am happy with the results so I will use turpenoid until my little bottle is empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to my newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...