Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Small envelope tutorial with the envelope punch board from We R Memory Keepes

I make a lot of mini cards and, since I am very crafty, I don't want to buy their envelopes if I can make them. The good thing about them is that, the cards are so small, that you can use scraps of paper to make the envelopes.

 You can make the envelopes with only paper, pencils,  ruler and glue, but if you own an envelope punch board and that makes everything easier. In theory. There are no measurements for smaller or bigger cards but it has for everything in between. It is amazing. 

The envelope punch board is 6 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches with a indentation to make the score lines, it has two way envelope punch (one to make the envelope and one for round the exterior corners of it), a bone folder and a measurement chart.






 The package contains a sticker with the measurements in centimeters. I am so used now to measure in inches that I don't think this chart would be useful to me for now. Besides, most of tutorials have the measurements in inches so...





If you want to make an envelope you can check the measurements that are provided in the score board. It will probably be there. The instructions are in the scoreboard too, and they are really easy to follow. I will do the tutorial anyway but for a smaller envelope size. 

My mini cards measure 2.5 x 2.5 inches. That means that I don't have any card size measure in the chart for my needs. I could use the one for 3 x 3 cards, but then, the envelope would be a little bit big. But if you don't mind just use that measurement. 

To make envelopes in which my mini card fits I needed a piece of paper of 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches.




With the patterned side up, put the piece of paper on the envelope punch board and move it until the 2 3/8 mark. Press the punch and score the line.




Move the paper counterclockwise. You have to match the line you have previously scored to the plastic outgoing from the punch. After that, punch and score. 




Do this process two more times and you will have the envelope pattern already cut and scored.




With the reverse punch you can round the edges. 




I only used the reverse punch in the flaps that would be visible.




Now, fold, glue and the envelope is made!






You have leave the envelope as it is, or if you want you can make a liner for the upper flap. You can do it with the envelope punch board very easily. First, you have to take a measurement since the upper edge of the flap to the bottom, where the score line is. 




Choose the paper for your liner and cut a piece of the measurement you just has taken (in my case it was 2 1/4 inches).




With the piece of paper upside down, place the paper with the edge to 2 1/4 inches and then punch.




Turn the paper so you can see the pattern and do the same. Place it where the measurement is 2 1/4 and punch.




Since I used the reverse punch for my envelope I used to for my liner. 




Glue the upper part of the liner to your envelope and you have finished!




If you remember, I made a little card some time ago and now I have an envelope for it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to my newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...