Thursday, June 18, 2015

Congratulations card...



Hello!!

I have good news!. I am a new member of the Design Team of the Sister Act Card Challenge blog!. I am very excited! That means that I will be moving my Thursdays posts from the morning to the evening so, if you are subscribed to my blog feed, you will have the post in your email by Friday morning instead of Thursday morning. That is not a big change, isn't it?

I enjoyed very much making today's card. I am happy/sorry to say that some of the materials that I used I made them myself so I can't post them in the list materials.

The card is made in white cardstock, as usual. The image is a clear stamp from Paper Smooches. I stamped it in Hammermill cardstock and colored it with Spectrum Noir markers. These are the colors:

Feathers: BP6, BP3, CR6, PP3.
                GB10, GB6, CT4M, LY3.
                BT8, IB3, IB2.
                GB6, TB8 ("ears").

Legs: TN5.

Beak: CT3, OR1.




The background is a mix of things. First I created a big circle stencil with a paper punch and cardstock. Then with several distress inks (colors in materials) and another handmade stencil of smaller circles I made the pattern. Then...I used a woodgrain embossing folder and a embossing diffuser I made. 

For the embossing diffuser, I used 6 pieces of 110lb cardstock and I cut a circle in the same position for my cricut. Then I glued them together and made the circle I just colored with the distress inks coincide with the cut out for my embossing diffuser. I run it through my Sizzix using the second tab, the embossing folder with the cardstock, the embossing difusser and one piece of plastic. This way I had all the front panel embossed with the woodgrain pattern but the middle circle. I hope I explained more or less. Here is the photo of my handmade embossing diffuser.



Once I had the front panel I glued everything together. I used some foam dimensionals for the owl. I stamped the sentiment with a Recollections stamp and distress markers (dusty concord, peacock feathers, wild honey, crushed olive, worn lipstick), cut the tag and glued it with dimensionals too. 

I hope you like the card.


I am going to present this card to the following challenges:

Clean and Simple from Addicted to Stamps Challenge blog.

Anything goes from Craft your passion.

Anything goes from Crafting from the heart.

Include a die cut from Glitter n Sparkle challenge blog.

Anything goes from Kraft' Kimmie Stamps.

Ohh so pretty from Papertake weekly challenge.

You did it! Graduation from Sentimental Sundays. 

Anything goes from Simply Papercraft.

Use your favorite technique or product from Simon Wednesday challenge blog.




These are the materials I used to make this card (I probably forgot something :):



110 lb white
cardstock
80lb white
cardstock
Woodgrain
embossing folder
Project life
dies
Chubby Chums
Black ink
Shabby shutters
distress ink

Wild honey
distress ink
Distress tool
Spun sugar
distress ink
Peacock feathers
distress ink
Dusty concord
distress ink
Wild honey
distress marker
Peacock feathers
distress marker
Crushed olive
distress marker
Worn lipstick
distress marker
Dusty concord
distress marker
Acetate sheets
Spectrum noir
markers
Big shot

Paper trimmer
Double sided tape
Foam tape
Cricut machine
Craft edge
Sponges




19 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, love your circle of those bright colours. Thanks for explaining your process and for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - this is super cute, super colourful and super CAS! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Papercrafts...

    Sharon

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too darn cute!! Thanks for joining our WW challenge this week with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
    hugs
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun - I love the bright colours on the embossed white background - it really pops! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, your card is so adorable! The embossed card panel and the sponged confetti make it so beautiful and vivid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one makes me giggle! The owl is so cute and the whole card is super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Patricia :-) the image is super cute and I love the background and how you made the diffuser, absolutely brilliant !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Patrica! luvin the sweet embossing...awesome! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design, thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart - good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is love love love love!!! I love it! too cute!
    Thank you for sharing this over at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny little birdie. So perfect with the embossed design as background.

    Thanks for joining Wonderful Wednesday over at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.

    /Lisa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. ......and thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...