Thursday, July 2, 2015

Is anybody thirsty?...



Hello!!!

I am back with a new card today as a DT member over Sister Act Card Challenge. The image is called Soda pop and it is included in Another bunch of digis from Saturated Canary shop. I love the way the pink is sooooo pink! 

The card is very simple. Maybe the trickiest thing is the perler beads I used as enamel dots. I bought a huge bucket of perler beads with a great discount coupon so I have beads forever. I watched some great videos in youtube about how to melt them to make the dots and I succeeded in my first try. I have to say, that if the beads are shiny the result is not so good. The bead melt without any problems but I think because of the shiny color it separates in a different way and it makes the bead look kind of ugly. So I won't use them, only the ones that are in regular opaque color. 

I put the beads "standing" in a tray with parchment paper and put it in the oven at 285 F (140 C) during 30 minutes. There weren't bad odors, fumes or anything like that. In 30 minutes the beads were just perfect. I am looking forward to put them in my flowers :).

The list of materials is below, but I have to say that the ribbon and the patterned paper are form my stash and I don't know where I got them.




The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers. Here are the colors:

Skin: FS2, FS3, FS9, TN4, FS8.

Hair: EB6, EB2, TN2.

Eyes: TN4, DG3, true black.

Bow and shirt: DR7, DR4, BP5, BP1. 

Glass: DG3, CG4, CG3, DG1.

Straw: CT4, OR3.


I am presenting this card to the following challenges: 

Summer from Crafty Sentiments designs. 

Use some embossing from Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge.

Anything goes from Addicted to Stamps Challenge blog.  

Summer fun from The Crafter's Cafe Challenge blog.

Anything goes/wet or dry embossing from Creative Moments.


This is the list of materials I used:


110lb white cardstock
80lb white cardstock
Dark pink cardstock
Basket wave embossing folder
Project life steel dies
Soda Pop digital stamp
Perler beads
Tape
Double sided tape
Tack it over and over
Paper trimmer
Spectrum Noir markers
Big Shot machine
Brush nibs
Foam tape


8 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic card. Awesome colouring, I love this image!! Thanks for joining in with us at Digi Choosday Challenge and our theme of 'Embossing'. Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Use some Embossing challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. Love your colouring. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Use Some Embossing challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always your coloring looks amazong - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm echoing the others: your colouring is absolutely amazing! The details...WOW! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia this is just so beautifully coloured. Loving the pink and green and the embossed background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning colouring
    Thank you for joining us in our *Use some Embossing challenge* at Digi Choosday
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...