Monday, August 10, 2015

Thank you card...



Hello!!!

Today I have a very special card. It is special because I made it for a very special person. One of teachers at daycare left her job. She is an amazing teacher and a great person. I made this card for her but the best part was the inside part, where my kids made a great drawing, but I am not showing that. That is only for her. 

The card is made with white cardstock as usual and I used an embossing folder from Cuttleblug. But this card is different too! Instead of using Spectrum Noir markers as usual, I used my new distress markers (distress markers from Tim Holtz, Ranger). I don't have any idea on how to use them but I am so happy with the result. I am looking forward to use them more and more. I would probably take a class over at Kit and Clowder when I finish the ones I still have to finish, hehe. Meanwhile I will practice from time to time.

For those who never heard about these markers, they are double sided markers with a fine point and a brush point. They are not refillable (what a pity) and the colors match the ink pads. You paint with the marker and then you add water and they give that watercolor effect. Of course I used watercolor paper to paint the image. 




The image is called Teacher from Tiddly Inks. Such a cutie. I took the photos with very little light and this is the result. Not very good (not that I usually take great photos anyway, but better than this...). Here are the colors I used to color the teacher (distress markers and ink pads):

Skin: tattered rose, vintage photo.

Hair: walnut stain, fired brick.

Head band: broken china, faded jeans.

Globe: broken china, faded jeans, wild honey, vintage photo.

Apple: fired brick, festive berries.

Dress: peeled paint, vintage photo.

Books: antique linen, vintage photo, black soot, seedless preserves, evergreen bough, picked raspberry.


I hope you like the card. I will be coloring more with this markers so you see if I can make progress...


I am going to present this card to the following challenges:

Anything goes at Craft your passion

Anything goes at Crafting from the heart.

Anything goes at Papertake weekly challenge.

Anything goes at Simply paper craft.

Anything goes at Lil Patch of crafty friends.

Anything goes at Creative Moments.

Anything goes at Lacy Sunshine's color your world.


9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! The adorable image (love the distress colouring!) looks gorgeous against that fabulous embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet image and you've made a fantastic job of colouring her with your Distress Markers.The CAS style makes her stand out beautifully.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I am super excited. Loving this layout and the way you colored the image, the texture and how added the image is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #15 Anything Goes.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeeeee! I absolutely love this one! Such gorgeous colours and colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing! Fantastic card!
    Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card for a teacher. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting from the Heart. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! I love the embossed background and your coloring is awesome!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope you will join us again next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Kelly- LPOCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love this card!
    Thank you for joining us over at Color Your World by Lacy Sunshine!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card thank you so much for joining us at lacy sunshine color your world . Good luck.
    Caroline senior ct

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...