Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cute takeout box


Hello!!!

For today's DT work at Inspiration Destination I have something completely different of what I am used to make. This week's challenge, our sponsor is The Cutting Cafe, and I am using one of their templates called Chinese Takeout box template

I was a little worried about making a 3D project but at the end, I loved doing it and the result is quite nice. I have to say that the file was perfect. It comes with a handle for the box. I decided not to make it and then I regretted it. The flowers would have been great in the paper handle instead of the ribbon, but...well, what is done is done. 

I cut the box from white cardstock with my cutting machine, but the file is in pdf too, so if you don't have a cutting machine you can still use it. I colored the cardstock with distress inks and I added a background of stars (from Hero Arts) with clear embossing ink and yellow embossed powders. I cut the flowers with scissors from a homemade mulberry fake paper. The sentiment is from that paper too. The die cut is from Lawn Fawn. I added a corner of a doily, some pearls and that was it!!!

I hope you liked the result of my experiment. I am very pleased with the result and I am sure that it will make a very good gift with some treats inside :).



I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:


Anything goes at:


Artistic Inspirations.

Crafting from the Heart.

Crafting with Friends.

Creative Moments.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Patricia, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is beautiful. I love the pretty flowers and all the lovely details! Like you I was terrified of a 3-D project but was surprised at how well it went together. Now if I just had a silhouette then I wouldn't be so apprehensive! LOL! (Maybe that line will work on my husband!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Box you have made Patricia
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Creative Moments.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, I love the pearls!! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge #20 at Crafting With Friends!

    Tracyx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...