Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Watercolor background.


Hello!!!

Today I have a new card for our challenge at Inspiration Destination. This time we have two sponsors, Sweet and Sassy and All dressed up.

I am using Doodle Flowers from Sweet and Sassy. I hope you like the card, if I tell you the story...

I was recording a video doing some watercolor in the image. It wasn't this watercolor. Then I tried to die cut on top of the image and guess what?, the die cut didn't cut through so trying to get the die cut out I ripped all the image!!! Well...time to start over...So, I printed the image in watercolor paper and guess what??? the toner ink was getting off. I remember an advice that JanR gave me in one of my comments and I rubbed a little of the ink off. Well, not a very good result either but at least the ink that was in the image didn't come out more.

I colored the image with distress inks and markers. I don't have the list of colors I was very frustrated of how much time I was spending in doing this image. The sentiment is a clear stamp from Stampenduos. Since the card was so simple I added some sequins. I will leave the glue problems I had with the sequins for another time haha.

Well, at the end I am more than pleased with the card. The image is so cute and I have to tell you. This one is much better than the one I did and I broke...

I hope you have the chance to enter to our challenge.

Hugs,

Patricia

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia love the colour's and design
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the colours and that image is so sweet.

    It's too bad you had such an issue with your first go 'round! Try printing in Draft, (it'll put down less ink) then use your eraser. Maybe that'll give you better results next time. And, thanks for the shout out too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan!!! I always print in draft but it didn't work. What I found out that works is setting the ink with the heat gun. After that...it doesn't go away. Of course, I tried after this :). Hugs

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...