Monday, January 9, 2017

Shaker card



Hello!!!

I hope you had a great weekend. Mine has been quite, at home, because outside was very cold...

Today I bring you this shaker card and a coloring video. I hope you like both.

The image is called Peanut Butter JellyFish by Tiddly Inks. Such a cute image! I made the shaker with several layers of paper frames. After having everything cut I realized that I should have added at least a couple or three more layers. The sequins move very well but not so freely as I would have liked.

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers. These are the colors:

Jellyfish: FS8, FS6, FS2, IG4.
Spoon: IG2, IG5.
Fish: BT5, BT4, BT2.

After the coloring I added Glossy accents to make it "shiny". I added too much and the paper curled a little...Still learning.

But, although I would have changed some things and the glossy accents' finish wasn't as expected, I am quite pleased with the card.

The sentiment is a clear stamp from Hero Arts (from a long time ago).

Don't forget to watch the video if you want to see the coloring and, if you like my channel, to subscribe.

Hugs,

Patricia





Click to see my illustrations!


5 comments:

  1. Loved watching your colouring bring the image to life. I have just discovered the trick of using multiple die cuts to make a. Shaker card. So much easier than strips of sticky tape which the sequins are then prone to stick on yo round the edges. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Yes, I think this method is better than strips of sticky tape. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Awww this is so sweet. Love the octopus :) and the fun shaker stuff :) Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Sweet card. I love it
    Thanks for joining us at Creates and Makes Challenge.
    Hugs Claudia
    DT Creates and Makes
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://createsandmakes.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card <3
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

    Therese - DT
    www.tesansinspiration.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...