Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baby card plus freebie...




Hello everyone!!!

this one is going to be a big post. It has a lot of "computer work" behind. I made the project but I also recorded some parts so you will have a tutorial and a speed coloring video, plus the image for free!!!

A very special person for me asked me to make a baby card for a newborn. I couldn't find an image for it between all my digital stamps and I thought that this time, instead of buying one or keep looking for the right one, I would design one by myself and have it for everyone after that. That is how I came with this baby bear. You can find it when you subscribe to my newsletter.




I am not going to enter in the details of the card because it is very simple. The list of materials I used is below and the videos will show you the rest. As a summary, the card is made in white cardstock. I printed the image in white cardstock and masked it to do the background with distress inks. 




The only thing that it is not in the videos is the banner. I made it with some brown cord and different colors of washi tape. I glued with little glue dots the washi tape to the card, because it went all over the card :).

The video tutorial is in Spanish but it has English subtitles. 


The baby bear is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and these are the colors:

Fur: TN1, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN7, EB1, EB2.

Ears: CR1, R7, CR6.

Pacifier: TB4, TB2.

Blanket: TB4, TB3, TB2, TB1, IB1.

Diaper: IB1, BT4, BT2, BT6.

Slipper: CR6, GG3, GG2.

Rabbit: EB2, EB1, CR6.

Shadow: BG6, BG4, BG2. 

I hope you liked the card and the baby bear:). Don't forget to come back on Monday for a new giveaway!!


I am going to present this card in the following challenges:

Color an image from Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog.

CAS by Digi Choosday Challenge blog.

Anything goes by Simply Papercraft. 

Anything goes by Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.








List of materials:

Double sided
tape
Brush nibs
Spectrum Noir
markers
Paper trimmer
Hemp cord
Tacky glue
Stormy sky

Wild honey
Blending tool
Vintage photo
Shabby Shutters
110lb white
cardstock
80lb white cardstock
Washi tape







4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card.. and I am so glad you shared your color combos! I loved the smooth shading you did with the bear. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Clean and Simple challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Wonderful coloring!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us in our Clean and Simple challenge at Digi Choosday
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...